|Posted on 16 October, 2018 at 13:55||comments (99)|
Trans-seasonal’ that fancy, styley word that basically just means fashion and beauty looks which can be carried from one season to another. Yes! we hear you shout, that sounds like something I need to know about, and well yes, you do! So how do you effortlessly ‘trans season’ (see what we did there!) from autumn to winter I hear you ask, well by finding some fashion and beauty ‘staples’ that will become a firm part of your wardrobe and beauty routine for both seasons, so basically the whole of the winter period. And because we love you here at M.M we have done the leg work for you and rounded up our key tips into five easy to do, tried and tested foolproof tips! So here they are lovelies:
The ultimate, perhaps obvious, but oh so vital, tip is a Comfy Knit. We love the oversized chunky knit styles from Zara especially, and H&M, and Primark. An oversized chunky knit can be mixed and matched, and function as a super versatile trans-seasonal piece, wear it with skinny jeans and ankle boots or buy an extra oversized one and wear it with leggings or thick woolen tights, some biker boots and a leather jacket, however you style it a chunky knit will see you through from now until spring!
A matte berry or red lip, or both if you’re like us! A bold matte lip is a major autumn/winter trend for this season, reds have definitely made a come back this season and are the perfect lip choice to compliment this season’s animal print trend, a splash of red lip with a a touch of leopard is a match made in style heaven! Top beauty tip: when applying a matte lip always remember lip prep is key: exfoliate, and apply some Australian Paw Paw balm, blot and apply lipstick! Use a pencil and a lip brush for extra definition and precision.
An animal print scarf. Accessorize U.K have some gorgeous well priced animal print scarves online just now (we may have bought...several!..). Leopard print is a major trend this season and a leopard print scarf is the perfect way to add a fashion forward dimension to any look, it’s also a cost effective way to incorporate a key on-trend look into your autumn/ winter wardrobe, and if you’re a bit scared to go full animal print crazy it’s a great way to incorporate this look into your wardrobe in a subtle way!
Over the knee boots are a must have for any autumn/winter wardrobe. They will literally last you from now well into spring. They are so versatile especially in black. They can be worn with skinny jeans, pvc leggings, dresses, and skirts. They can be dressed up or down and are therefore the perfect day to night footwear, wear during the day with skinny jeans and an oversized chunky knit, take the look to evening with a dress and patterned tights. To say we are obsessed with over the knee boots is an understatement, we love them! As a side note we are also loving biker boots as a trans-seasonal look, I mean a girl can never have too many boots right!?
And finally our last tip is a fashion statement hat. We are loving felt hats and the very on trend baker boy hats just now, this look is again very versatile, can be dressed up or down and is a key trans-seasonal look! We love ASOS and Accessorizes’ baker boy hats, especially in black.
So there you have it our top autumn/ winter trans-seasonal beauty and style tips, so go be trans-seasonally fabulous, love, M.M, x
|Posted on 2 January, 2018 at 18:45||comments (5727)|
Beauty Tips, M.M, x ______________
5 Surgery Free Tips Kylie Jenner Lips
'Over lining' your lips is the best alternative to lip infections and fillers (we say rock what you got!). But how do you over line if you want that extra lip volume without creating the dreaded 'trout pout'...
1. use concealer as a base coat first, the lip liner will show up better and you can therefore apply the slightly exaggerated lip line with liner more easily as you can clearly see the line your drawing.
2.Only go slightly out with your natural lip line, think pretty and plumb as opposed to Jordan style.
3. Try matte liquid lipsticks to create a bigger lip shape as the applicator is a wand as opposed to a stick so you'll find it much easier to control where your colouring the lips, we love Lime Crime Velvatines liquid lipsticks but always remember to exfoliate and moisturise the lips before applying matte lipstick, alternatively use a lipstick and lip brush.
4. Blotting is your best friend, set with a setting powder for extra staying power.
5. Use a small brush with liquid concealer when finished to define and tidy the shape around the lips. Add a touch of highlighter above your top lip, and to define your cupids bow.
|Posted on 29 December, 2017 at 13:10||comments (2)|
Plan your outfit ahead of time, nothing is more stressful than running around at the last minute trying to find something to wear!
Use the same hairstyle you wore at Christmas, if you liked it and you’re going to be with different people who’s to know! Or go for an on trend top knot or half top knot, this is a super chic quick and easy to create hair style.
Ditch the full manicure in favour of quick and easy to apply manicure options like Impress Press on Manicure (available from Boots and Amazon) or Primark quick false nails sets. You’ll also save a lot of money with these options as each nail set comes in at under £10.
Add sparkle to make-up looks by adding lots of glitter! Choose from pigment on the eyes, glitter gel on the cheekbones and decolletage, and glitter lipstick and glosses on the lips. This is a quick and really easy way to create a truly News Years Eve worthy make-up look! And is also far less time consuming than a full make up look, your New Years look could be as simple as a natural base, smoky eye and a bright, bold glittery Fuchsia lip!
Buy statement tights to add a bit of va-va-voom to your party outfit, could be as simple as swapping tights for black sheer stockings, or patterned or glittery black tights, M&S and ASOS have a great selection of statement tights.
But most importantly...have fun!
Love, M.M, x
|Posted on 16 December, 2017 at 20:15||comments (1)|
- Take advantage of late night shopping times in your local area, go to supermarkets that have 24 hour opening times during the night, trust us these are the quiestest times to buy your turkey and last minute socks for Uncle Bob!
- Check online for discount codes and vouchers for the shops you intend to shop at before you leave home, social media platforms like Facebook are a great place to find discount codes as are apps like Voucher Cloud.
- Hit the beauty counters at local department stores to ask for free samples, these make great last minute stocking fillers, and are especially handy if you’re on a budget and are looking for cost effective ways to bulk out stockings.
- Invest in an Amazon Prime subscription, you’ll get unlimited free, often next day delivery for just £30 per year. This can come in very handy for last minute Christmas purchases as you’ll be able to get as many deliveries as you like and won’t have to pay for postage!
- Get your Christmas cards and wrapping stuff with your online grocery order, Tesco and Sainsburys have a great range of wrapping accesories from wrapping paper to gift bags and bows, perfect if you’re wrapping at the last minute and have nothing to wrap with in your house.
|Posted on 30 November, 2017 at 15:25||comments (1)|