|Posted on 21 November, 2017 at 17:40||comments (107)|
And so it begins....the Christmas shopping season has officially began, or we've officially been plucked out of denial and finally made our Christmas gift list, checked it twice and hit the shops, which are brimming with as much glitter as a Strictly final and as many carols as you can swing a roll of 3 for 2 wrapping paper at! But how can (if we can at all) make the pain of Christmas shopping a little easier!? Yes, it's the ultimate festive conundrum, but here at Mama Mariella we don't shy away from a challenge! So as we near the end of November and the hysteria of December kicks in, here are 5 tried and tested tips to take the pain out of the marathon that is Christmas shopping..
1. Use the Black Friday sales (tomorrow) to buy as many presents as you can, Amazon, Debenhams, John Lewis, House of Fraser, Currys and most U.K department and electrical stores will have bargains available over the weekend! And what's the best thing about this? You can do it all online from the comfort of your sofa with a cuppa.
2. Create a Christmas Amazon list as you shop in your list section if you have an Amazon account, that way you'll have an online reminder of what you bought this Christmas next Christmas. This is especially handy if you have lots of kids to buy for.
3. Keep an eye out for chocolate and alcohol offers in all leading supermarkets in the early-mid part of November, the first two weeks of November are one of the cheapest times of year to stock up on booze for Christmas!
4. Hit any Christmas craft fairs and shopping nights in your area, I mean who doesn't like Christmas shopping fuelled by mulled wine, prosecco and mince pies, Facebook is a great place to check out Christmas shopping events near you.
5. Take advantage of late night shopping nights in your local shopping centre, there will be special discounts that shops will apply specially on these nights.
And if it all gets too much take public transport and hit your local cocktail bar for a festive cocktail on your way home...
|Posted on 21 November, 2017 at 17:35||comments (92)|
Planning on heading off to get some winter sun? Check out our top tips for getting the best bargains in the duty free!
✈️3 MAJOR ways to find best beauty offers in the Duty Free
1. Check the prices of items you've been coveting before you leave, that way you can check how much you're actually saving before you purchase.
2. Find the stands in the middle of the shop with multi packs of things like 3 lipsticks (MAC, Dior), skincare sets by brands like Clarins or Clinique are good bets here, and perfume sets. These are generally the best money savers, and mean you might get a pack of two or three of something you use all the time like YSL Touché Éclat or three Dior lipsticks.
3. Stock up on your everyday perfume, that way you'll never have to pay full price! Stock up on re-fillable Chanel perfume like Chanel no 5 or Mademoiselle. These are a lot more expensive out of the duty free.
|Posted on 21 November, 2017 at 17:30||comments (135)|
Why is that healthy eating always seems easy during the summer months (well, easier anyway!) and then what can only be described as a nightmare chore during the winter months. Well, please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way!? I mean a crisp salad in the garden on a sunny day with birds singing overhead, and the gentle hum of neighbouring lawn mowers is, well, quite delightful, but, but- -those crisp leaves just aren't as appealing in sub zero temperatures are they!? Most of mine are bought with good intensions then go to the fridge to linger and wilt and eventually get thrown out. So what to do you ask, well we've got to thinking about some crafty winter healthy eating ideas, and what have we come up with you ask? Well, pilling on the pounds of course by gorging oneself on pastry, heavy cheeses washed down with gallons of Baileys, and prosecco, and carefully hidden under mounds of wooly jumpers of course! We jest, we jest, well maybe just the one jumper to disguise the mince pies.. So seriously what can be done about this winter catastrophe..Well, in the run up to the big 'eatathon' otherwise known as Christmas we're going to provide you with some tired and tested healthy eating methods, and now that we've got to be accountable to you we're going to have to follow it through! So move over Nigella and your divine mince pies, and hello, well, something else, something healthy! Keep you posted, Love, M.M, x
|Posted on 3 February, 2017 at 14:10||comments (156)|
❄️ 5 Winter Workout Ideas ❄️:
1. Work with the shorter days not against them, get up a bit earlier, maybe an hour earlier to get that workout in. You'll feel better for it!
2.Invest in some gym equipment to put in the garage or a spare room or living room, that way if the weather's bad and you don't fancy running or hitting to the gym you can still fit a workout in! It could be as simple as putting an exercise bike in front of the tv.
3. Buy a mini trampoline, there are endless indoor workout plans you can accomplish with this great little piece of equipment, why not train on the trampoline while watching your favourite soap in the evening, or use small weights to train your arms whilst jumping!
4. Make use of the weekends for going on winter walks on sunny days, the best way to burn calories is to have fun while you're burning them, walk a few miles and reward yourself with a pub lunch at the end.
5. Use indoor workouts at home to work on your core and get a head start on your summer 'bikini body', it can be as simple as buying an exercise ball and getting a core workout plan on YouTube! Or set yourself a target of doing 20-50 sit-ups before bed, and gradually add on another 10 per day until you reach 100 per day.
Winter blues, what winter blues!